Tuesday 19 July 2011

Fast forward to 2011

Gosh, thanks to my bro, I remembered this long lost blog of mine. Its been like almost 4 years since I last updated/even posted on my blog. I guess its that time again when I find comfort in blogging and just speaking my mind and pouring out what's in my heart.
Very sadly as my previous posts will tell, I tend to only update/write on my blog when I'm not feeling very positive or something big just dropped on me.. like something life-changing..

Now its 2011, hmm where did I left off? hmmm....
In a nutshell, I started my degree in 2007, met a lot of new people, stumbled and had loads of hiccups in my academic results, made even more awesome and life-long friends, had a new love interest, graduated in the UK, started work, bought my own crib, driving my dad's old car, and re-sitting my clp for the 2nd time.

And how do I feel about all that? Sweet with a cube of bitterness especially in the after taste.
I thought I had it all figured, I thought I met the man of life (again- LOL), I thought I'd finally met a true bestfriend (again), I thought I'd not have anymore family problems (again), I thought I'd be much more happier, and with more freedom to do anything my heart desires with financial independence (most of the time-except when I have debts I totally disagree), I thought I can fly like a bird and just run away from all my problems (no-way hosay!), and I thought that most learning stops after u've graduated(big big mistake)..That pretty much sums up what I've learned.

What I am today that I am proud of- I am definetely a much better person and a much wiser one and also a better Christian. I am still learning, I have learnt that I will never be able to reach even close to almost perfect. What saddens me though, its the number of mistakes that I made over and over again before learning. And I am pretty sure I am still making those mistakes and will still continue to do so.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the best to you, dear!^^

-selina- said...

Thanks Joey! :-)