Saturday 31 March 2007

'perfume'

Alas I finally managed to watch a movie in the cinema where it feels like it was ages since I last did.. well it was pretty much ages ago.. felt like I've been missing out soo much on the 'outside' world.. if someone were to ask me before today what was the latest movie out or the latest tv show people are hooked on to, I would have answered I have no idea at all!! Its not that I know much today but well a lot more as compared to the days before.. lol..

Anyway i went out for a movie with Nabila, my bestie... (hehe) not knowing what movie to watch, just simply deciding few minutes beforehand. We decided to watch 'Perfume' the story of a murderer...

The thing is I DO NOT... hmm no no I NEVER get scared or affected in any way by any horror movie in my life before.. well at least not that i can remember of.. don't get me wrong this isn't a horror flick but its disturbing, obsessive, simply different.. To understand this is to just watch the movie..

Here is my 'sneak preview' of the movie.. ENJOY..



Based on a best selling novel by Patrick Suskind 'Perfume : the story of a murderer' is a story of a deadly obsession set in the 18th century France.


Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, an orphan as a newborn in the streets of Paris with a remarkable gift of sense of smell. His sense of smell is so refined that he can differentiate the scent of leaves, the grass and even water.


At the age of 13, he was sold into servitude to a tannery and he worked very hard here as he wants to leave this place and learn more scents of the world.
There comes a day when Grenouille runs errands in the town of Paris and discovers the object that will transform his life : Perfume.


Eager to learn the art of sophisticated fragrance making, he meets a once-renowned perfume maker and seeks his help to teach him the art and secrets behind scents. In exchange by using his remarkable gift he creates and makes perfumes for the perfumer that no other makers could do.



Ironically, he was born with no scent of his own, a distinction which colours his undistinguished life. But Genouille is fearless when it comes to the pursuit of a perfect perfume. When he discovers the most intoxicating scent he has ever experienced, the scent of a beautiful young woman. He then feels that he has found his purpose in life, which becomes his obsession to fulfill that leads on to his journey.



To watch and truly 'taste' this movie is to watch this movie with an open mind and then can one understand this movie and the meaning behind 'obsession'.

WARNING
: This movie is certainly not for the faint hearted.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still prefer 300 =)